No city is more Instagramable than London. Not only because of its beautiful architecture and stunning monuments but because Londoners know Instagram is good for business.
In recent years many cafes opened with insane decorations done intentionally for the gram with flowers, hearts, lots of pink and props to go along with the sweetest tiniest cakes! Suddenly Instagram is flooded with photos of “Alice in Wonderland” like scenes and you think “where did all these places come from” (and is everyone eating ridiculous amounts of sweets just to take photos?!)
This is not an exhaustive list, as there are too many cafes worthy of some Instagram photos and also I haven’t been to all (it’s on my plans!), but my favourite 5 so far. Hope you enjoy!
- EL&N Cafe (@elan_cafe): although there’s no particular order to this list, EL&N has to be at the top. Well-known for its flowered walls, this cafe as stepped up the game when it comes to Instagram decorations. Now with 6 locations across London, each one of them with a unique style or detail, it is the perfect girly/Valentine’s spot. You can find the hearts wall, a pink bike with a flower basket as well as Unicorn “fair rides”; at Hans Crescent, giant flower walls with luminous signs saying “Coffee is the new black” at Park Lane, “All you need is love and coffee” at Knightsbridge or “Adventure awaits but first coffee” at Selfridges. Besides all the amazing decorations their cakes are delicious (I tried the Strawberry cheesecake, the Dulce de Leche Canele and the Mixed Fruit Tart) and their Hot Choc (I tried Praline) is the best I ever had!
- Maitre Choux (@maitrechoux): not sure what is more Instagrammable, the decoration or the exquisite eclairs. The brand has now 4 locations but the one worth visiting for the Insta shots is in Kings Road. It has a beautiful flower wall and the waitress even gave us some props to shoot with, super sweet! And check out these amazing eclairs made by a 3 Michelin Star-experienced pastry chef!
- The Ivy Chelsea Garden (@ivychelsgarden): this Christmas sensation was without a doubt The Ivy, with its Gingerbread and candy house decoration it drew thousands to its front door. Now that Christmas is over you can find a more Valentine’s theme decoration with the ‘Love Promises’ installation with flowers and gates inspired by the Love Locks on Pont Neuf in Paris. Then we’ll see it change again for Spring, Summer and Autumn always with beautiful flower art welcoming us in. The menus are so varied and delicious that I can’t give just one or two recommendations, but I’ll swear by their Salted Caramel Espresso Martini!
- Fait Mason (@fait_maison_london): think Alice in Wonderland meats Beauty and the Beast. At Fait Maison Salon de Thé (144 Gloucester Road) you will find wonderfully decorated walls with flowers (obviously), finely painted teapots and three-tier cake stands with scrumptious cakes and chocolates. It is the perfect place for afternoon tea like a princess!
- Peggy Porschen (@peggyporschenofficial): and last but not least the amazing Peggy Porschen in the heart of the beautiful Belgravia neighbourhood is a girly dream. The outside is painted in pink and the door is always decorated with flower motifs allusive to a festivity or season. A big 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 sign made with flowers is part of the current love & romance theme with the La Vie en Rose collection and you will see it on a few dozen pictures a day. If the decorations weren’t enough to take you there may I suggest you try a Banoffee or Salted Caramel cupcake, a Dark Chocolate Truffle or a French Macaron!
I hope you have fun chasing all these beautiful spots and enjoy a delicious cake (or two) whilst you’re there!